A proposal is only a written proposal addressed to the parties involved in an activity. These activities can take the form of business activities, applications, funds, projects, and research.
Characteristics of a Proposal
Of course, proposal writing has special characteristics that make it different from other written works. To better understand, the following is a review of the characteristics of proposals quoted from the gramedia.com page.
1. Contains a summary of activities or research
The main characteristic of a proposal is that it contains a summary of the activities or research that will be carried out. The proposal will explain what will be implemented in detail and detail, starting from the background, objectives, activity schedule, to the technical implementation.
2. There is a Party Submitting a Proposal
The next characteristic of a proposal is that there is a party submitting the proposal. In an activity proposal, the party making the proposal is the activity committee.
In a research proposal, the party making the proposal is the research team. Meanwhile, in a business proposal, the proposal maker is the business actor.
3. There is a Target Party
The next characteristic of a proposal is that there is a target party. Generally, proposals are addressed to parties who have licensing authority or to sponsors and donors to provide financial support.
4. Serves as Notification
A proposal has the characteristic of being a notification regarding activities or research that will be carried out. By reading the proposal, we will know and understand the design of activities that will be implemented in detail.
5. Use standard language
Generally, proposals use standard and formal language. Every word, spelling and writing format must comply with formal language. However, there are exceptions for types of non-formal proposals where the language does not use standard language.
6. Have a writing structure
The next characteristic of a proposal is that it has a format and writing structure that must be met. The structure of the proposal also depends on the type of proposal, but in general it must contain background elements, problem formulation, objectives, technical implementation, and conclusion.
7. Arranged Systematically
Another characteristic of a proposal is that it must be arranged sequentially and systematically. This means that the preparation of the proposal must be in order from beginning to end, starting from the background, implementation method to conclusion, it must not be reversed because it makes the reader confused.
8. The contents can be accounted for
The final characteristic of a proposal is that its contents must be accountable to the proposal maker. Every explanation and information given must be correct and precise, so that the proposal can be accepted by the intended party.
Benefits of the Proposal
EXAMPLE OF RESEARCH PROPOSAL TITLE (Unsplash)
The benefits of making a proposal are as follows.
- Become a plan that directs the committee in carrying out these activities. The proposal is used as a guide for implementation, so that the event or activity can run well and systematically according to the plan.
Apart from that, so that the aim of the event is to obtain the expected results.
- Explain indirectly to parties who want to know about the activity. Proposals are prepared to inform donors of what activities will be carried out at the event.
- To convince donors or sponsors that they provide material and financial support in realizing the planned activities. Proposals are made as a tool to convince donors so that the donors are willing to collaborate with the organizers.
- As an initial description of an activity. Basically, a proposal describes in detail the initial activities, starting from the objectives of the activity to the funds for the activity.
- As a tool to obtain approval from the authorities. A proposal is used as a proposal or agreement to legalize an activity so it needs to be approved first from the competent authority.
- As a tool to control the course of activities. The proposal is used as a guide for implementing each stage of the activity.
- As an activity evaluation tool. Proposals are used as an activity evaluation tool, namely as a reflection of the success or failure of an activity which can be seen from the design in the proposal.
- As a tool to expand work and communication networks. Viewed from a social relations perspective, proposals do not only function as a tool to obtain approval from other parties but as a tool that supports a more communicative working relationship.
Quantitative Proposal Example (Pexels)
The following are the functions of a proposal:
- To conduct research related to religion, social, cultural, economic
- Can be used to set up a business
- Can be used to submit tenders from various institutions
- Can be used to hold certain events such as celebrations, training, competitions, seminars.
- Can apply for funds to institutions as assistance for an event or regional development
Purpose of Proposal
Example of an Activity Proposal in the Community (Pexels)
The general purpose of making a proposal is to obtain permission or approval from an interested party, to be invited to work together to launch a plan or design of activities to be carried out.
Apart from that, submitting a proposal can also be used as a request for assistance funds (sponsorship) through collaboration with other parties.
Later, these parties will work together by providing financial assistance to organize activities.
complete review of the characteristics of proposals, benefits of proposals, and functions of proposals. By knowing the characteristics of a good and correct proposal, you can make a proposal more easily.